Pour la version française de cette annonce, suivez ce lien.
The Department of Physics is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in astrophysics.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
- Ph.D. in physics, with a specialization in astrophysics.
- A record of outstanding research achievements in the field.
- Strong commitment to teaching at all levels.
- The appointed candidate will be expected to pursue a vigorous research program in Astrophysics and contribute to the activities of the Astronomy and Astrophysics Group of the Department. Candidates from all fields of astronomy and astrophysics are encouraged to apply. However, priority will be given to candidates with research interests aligned with those present in the Department: stellar and exoplanet astrophysics, solar physics, extragalactic astronomy, high energy astrophysics, and astronomical instrumentation: www.astro.umontreal.ca/groupe.
- Proficiency in the French language within a reasonable period*
Information about the position
FAS 09-17 / 4
Until December 5th, 2017 inclusively
The University of Montreal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits.
On or after June 1st, 2018
- The application must include the following documents:
- a cover letter
- a curriculum vitæ
- copies of recent publications
- the candidate’s proposed research program
- Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the Department Chair by the referees.
Application and letters of recommendation must be sent to the Chair of the Department by December 5, 2017 at the following address:
Richard Leonelli, directeur
a/s de Mme Peggy Lareau
Secrétaire du directeur
Département de physique
Faculté des arts et des sciences
Université de Montréal
C. P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville
Montréal (QC) H3C 3J7
or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Department, please consult its website at: www.phys.umontreal.ca.
* Language Policy
Université de Montréal is a Québec university with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with the institution’s language policy, Université de Montréal provides support for newly recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French. http://secretariatgeneral.umontreal.ca/fileadmin/user_upload/secretariat/doc_officiels/reglements/administration/adm10-34_politique-linguistique.pdf
The Université de Montréal application process allows all regular professors in the Department to have access to all documents unless the applicant explicitly states in her or his cover letter that access to the application should be limited to the selection committee. This restriction on accessibility will be lifted if the applicant is invited for an interview.
Equal Access Employment Program
Université de Montréal promotes diversity in its workforce through its Equal access to employment program. It encourages members of visible and ethnic minorities as well as women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities to apply.
We invite all qualified candidates to apply at the Université de Montréal. However, in accordance with immigration requirements in Canada, please note that priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.