Assistant or Associate Professor in Experimental Quantum Photonics
The Department of Physics invites applications for the full-time, tenure-track position of Assistant or Associate Professor in Experimental Quantum Photonics. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in one of the areas prioritized by the Department: coherent control of light, nonlinear optics, entanglement, quantum information, materials for quantum photonics, integrated quantum photonics. The selected candidate will hold a Chair in Quantum Photonics funded by the Ministère de l’économie et de l’innovation du Québec.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise graduate students, be active in research, publishing, and the diffusion of knowledge, and contribute to the activities of the University.
- Ph. D. in Physics or a related discipline.
- Strong research record in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality university teaching
- An adequate knowledge of the French written and spoken language or a strong commitment to mastering the proficiency level required, in accordance to Université de Montréal’s Language Policy. An institutional learning support program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their communication skills.
How to submit your application
The application file should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter.
- Applications must include in the cover letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen / permanent resident of Canada.” or “I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.”
- Your curriculum vitae.
- Samples of recent publications or research papers.
- Your teaching philosophy (maximum one page).
- A presentation of your research program (maximum three pages).
- Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the department chair by the referees.
Application and letters of recommendation must be sent by email before January 29, 2021 to :
Additional information about the position
Until January 29, 2021, inclusively
Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries and
On or after June 1st, 2021
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program, UdeM invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities. We will –confidentially – adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it. We also welcome applications from candidates of all orientations and sexual identities. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.
Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.