PhD in Physics
Carry out an independent advanced research project in your field. Master a new subject, keep your knowledge up to date and develop your own research projects.
Research subjects are varied, and include:
- Astronomy and astrophysics
- Condensed matter and materials physics
- Particle physics
- Plasma physics
- Mathematical physics
- Medical physics
See our fields of interest for more information on the different research possibilities for PhD students.
Biophysics and Molecular Physiology Option
This option is offered jointly by the Departments of Physics and Physiology, for students looking to learn more about the physical aspects of basic biological phenomena, in particular in the areas of biological membranes and membrane proteins.
Questions about this program?
The + of studying physics at the Université de Montréal!
- The physics library and laboratory are reserved for physics students working on experiment reports, numerical physics, mathematical tools for symbolic manipulation, etc.
- Lectures by renowned scholars, to stay abreast of the latest advances in the field.
- Internationally renowned professors recognized for their publications and the prestigious awards and scholarships they have received.
- UdeM ranks among the top 100 universities in the world in physical sciences according to the lastest Times Higher Education rankings.