Experts in: Scattering of atoms and molecules
- Monte Carlo simulations
- Imagerie médicale
- Radiation therapy equipment
- Interactions of particles and radiation with matter
- Radiation detectors
- Scattering of atoms and molecules
- X-ray beams and x-ray optics
- X-ray imaging
- Charged-particle beams
- Physical radiation effects, radiation damage
- Biological and medical physics
- Modeling of radiation transport coupled to magnetic fields by the Monte Carlo method.
- Characterization of tissues by spectral computed tomography.
- Small field dosimetry.
- Simulation of the dosimetric response of detectors.
- Radiation detectors: ionization chambers, radiochromic film, diodes, scintillator, liquid ionization chamber.
Cipriana Mandache Tomescu is currently working in the Department of Physics at Université de Montréal. It does research in experimental physics and atomic, molecular and optical physics. His current research project is the The Parisian Mercury Clock.